Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Jerome Lacoste (Frisurf)" <la...@frisurf.no> on 2003/02/16 13:35:12 UTC

sendmail / james on Mandrake 9.0

Hi,

I need to be able to send mails using "mail" on my Mandrake 9.0 box.
There are several program [among which CVS notification scrips] that use
it.

I've read the james and sendmail document [1] but I have the following
problem: sendmail on Mandrake is using m4 to generate the sendmail
scripts. And I know nothing about that.

Before I start delving into the documentation, I was wondering if any of
you had done the james/sendmail integration on a Mandrake box and has a
worklog to share.

Cheers,

Jerome

[1] http://james.apache.org/james_and_sendmail.html

--
Jerome Lacoste (Frisurf) <la...@frisurf.no>
CoffeeBreaks

Re: sendmail / james on Mandrake 9.0 - worklog

Posted by "Jerome Lacoste @ BBC" <la...@altern.org>.
Danny Angus wrote:

>I understand, but the fact remains that you can edit sendmail.cf as described and it *will* work.
>If DH and DR are missing you can add them.
>
>>But I think I've found how to do it there
>>http://www.sendmail.org/m4/masquerading_relaying.html
>>So I will investigate. If I manage, I will probably send back a small
>>HOW-TO.
>>

>Yes please.

Here it goes.

- sendmail.mc. a diff -u of the changes applied to my sendmail.mc config
file
- James sendmail.....txt : the worklog describing how to use it
- sendmail.cf.diff: a diff of the resulting changes

Cheers,

Jerome

RE: sendmail / james on Mandrake 9.0

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
I understand, but the fact remains that you can edit sendmail.cf as described and it *will* work.
If DH and DR are missing you can add them.

> But I think I've found how to do it there
> http://www.sendmail.org/m4/masquerading_relaying.html
> So I will investigate. If I manage, I will probably send back a small
> HOW-TO.

Yes please.

Posted by "Jerome Lacoste (Frisurf)" <la...@frisurf.no>.
On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 23:46, Danny Angus wrote:
> Mandrake is very aimilar to redhat, upon which the james vs sendmail doc was based.
> If you have no use for sendmail other than to feed mail to james it is safe to follow the instructions, just don't overwrite your changes.

problem is that Mandrake version is 9.0, and sendmail is built there
using m4. So it is not as simple as modifying a file: the configuration
file I am supposed to modify is generated from other configuration
files.

I found the DS line in the generated file but not the DH neither the DR
ones. So it seems that either those where not default config in the
Mandrake version of the file, or that these options have changed since
the sendmail version supported by Red Hat 7.2. That what stucked me.

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.