Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Alex Pershyn <Al...@enabil.com> on 2011/10/20 16:49:45 UTC

ApacheDS on production

Hi all,
Does anybody have an experience of using ApacheDS on production? Was it stable? Did you have any issues and how you resolved them?
Thanks,
Alex Pershyn,
Sr consultant, Enabil solutions

Re: ApacheDS on production

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 10/20/11 6:51 PM, Carlo.Accorsi@ibs-ag.com wrote:
> We've been using 1.5.5, then 1.5.7 in customers' production environments for a couple years now on both windows and linux.
> For dozens of customers I think it's hung maybe once or twice. A service restart resolved the issue.
> Despite power failures, operating system crashes, etc we've never lost its database or experienced any type of corruption.
> We'll be rolling out 2.0 to a few customers next year And if all goes well we'll convert them all. This is a great product and I appreciate all the effort that goes into it.

Many thanks for such a feedback !

Be aware that 2.0 is not ready yet, we are still shaking the code base.
Wait until it's released as 2.0.0-RC1.

Note that we are still very careful to deliver milestones that are
useable, but a milestone may see a lot of internal modifications from
the previous milestone which might requires some changes in the
configuration, plus a full export/import of data.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

RE: ApacheDS on production

Posted by Ca...@ibs-ag.com.
We've been using 1.5.5, then 1.5.7 in customers' production environments for a couple years now on both windows and linux.
For dozens of customers I think it's hung maybe once or twice. A service restart resolved the issue.
Despite power failures, operating system crashes, etc we've never lost its database or experienced any type of corruption.
We'll be rolling out 2.0 to a few customers next year And if all goes well we'll convert them all. This is a great product and I appreciate all the effort that goes into it.

Regards,
Carlo Accorsi

Posted by Jonathan Disher <jd...@parad.net>.
You also don't have working replication.

If you want more than one server,  you have to apply updates to each server separately.

This for me is a deal breaker, but YMMV.

-j

Re: ApacheDS on production

Posted by Harakiri <ha...@yahoo.com>.