Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Ondřej Hoferek <on...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/26 22:50:43 UTC

LARQ index restrictions with Fuseki

Hi all,

As far as I understood, LARQ index will be created for all the literals in
given dataset when used with Fuseki with configuration:

<#dataset1> rdf:type tdb:DatasetTDB ;
tdb:location "/tmp/tdb" ;
ja:textIndex "/tmp/lucene" .

Is it possible to restrict the index built within Fuseki to certain named
graphs/properties? This might be handy if I would like to index only
relatively small subset of the all data. With the LARQ API it is possible
to restrict the index built to certain properties only. Alternatively, it
is possible to build the LARQ index separately for given dataset (TDB
dataset) using API (or any utility) with such restrictions and let fuseki
use it?

Best regards,
Ondrej

Re: LARQ index restrictions with Fuseki

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ondřej

On 26/10/12 21:50, Ondřej Hoferek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As far as I understood, LARQ index will be created for all the literals in
> given dataset when used with Fuseki with configuration:
>
> <#dataset1> rdf:type tdb:DatasetTDB ;
> tdb:location "/tmp/tdb" ;
> ja:textIndex "/tmp/lucene" .
>
> Is it possible to restrict the index built within Fuseki to certain named
> graphs/properties?

No, it is not possible to restrict the index to certain named graphs.

However, there are constructors in IndexBuilderString, for example,
which take as a parameter a Property to restrict statements which will
be indexed:

   public IndexBuilderString(Property property, String fileDir)

This is not exposed via Assembler/configuration. If you are willing to
learn more about the Jena Assembler configuration mechanism, I am happy
to work with you and help you on the LARQ side of the job.

How would you like to specify the properties to index in your
configuration file?

Paolo