Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Swetad90 <sw...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/09 22:00:56 UTC

Ignite-Visor with Alert and Logs

Hi

I am trying to monitor Ignite cluster using the Visor console.

Read the ignite docs and was implementing the below steps -
1. Set up an Alert on the number of nodes/CPUs/CPU usage on a cluster
2.If Alert is met, I am trying to execute a script that will run the visor
in batch mode and display the topology.

Alert is getting successfully registered. But when I try to write them to a
log file by giving log -l -f="/tmp/visor-log", I am getting below error:
class org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Failed to query events because
default no-op event storage SPI is used. Consider configuring
MemoryEventStorageSpi or another EventStorageSpi implementation via
IgniteConfiguration.setEventStorageSpi() configuration property.

Went through the below ticket where this is expected:

1. Can anyone give more idea as to why EventStorageSpi is needed to
configure Alerts?
2. Also, this is happening only when I write the alerts to a log file, is
there any other way to display the alerts other than writing to a file?

I am using ignite 2.0.

Re: Ignite-Visor with Alert and Logs

Posted by Vasiliy Sisko <vs...@gridgain.com>.
Hello @Swetad90

Log command can not collect events when event storage is disabled. I create
separated issue. You can track it by link

You can execute custom script on alert. See -s flag of alert command.
https://apacheignite-tools.readme.io/v1.9/docs/alerts-configuration