Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by asif md <as...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/24 23:50:08 UTC

Add new Datnodes : Is redistribution of previous data required?

hello everyone,

I have added 7 nodes to my 3 node cluster. I followed the following steps to
do this

1. added the node's ip to conf/slaves at master
2. ran bin/start-balance.sh at each node

As i loaded the data when the size of the cluster was three which is now
TEN. Can i do anything to redistribute the data among all the nodes?

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Asif.

Re: Add new Datnodes : Is redistribution of previous data required?

Posted by asif md <as...@gmail.com>.
@Konstantin

I'll try those . Thanks.

More comments are welcome.