Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/19 21:46:38 UTC

Multiple KEYS files

The logging project currently has 3 KEYS files under
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/logging

KEYS
log4net/KEYS
log4php/KEYS

Ideally these should be combined at the top level and redirects added.

Sebb

Re: Multiple KEYS files

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thank Matt for hoovering up our debt, and thanks Sebb for pointing it out!

Gary

Re: Multiple KEYS files

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 19 Dec 2021 at 21:53, Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I’ve migrated at least one relevant key for log4net into the root keys file. As log4php is dormant, that other keys file may no longer be necessary. I’ll clean up the remaining bits and symlink the canonical keys file instead.

KEYS files are still needed for dormant (and archived) components.

Entries in KEYS files should not be dropped once they have been used
to sign a release.

Sebb.
[I suppose if a key is revoked, it might make sense to drop the entry,
but I would check this with Infra first]

Re: Multiple KEYS files

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.