Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by cr...@fossfolks.com on 2017/12/15 02:47:17 UTC

Cannot Create GL Account

Looks like this was fixed, but I'm not sure how to apply a patch.

I've applied one patch and didn't document the process that I can find.
I'm also not sure how to get my version number. If I remember right,
it's not possible via the OFBiz interface.

Re: Cannot Create GL Account

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
> If you used the svn repository then stop OFBiz; use "gradlew svnInfoFooter"; start OFBiz and then look into the bottom of one backend page, like you
> can see on demos. At large "gradlew tasks" is your friend.
Actually you don't even need to stop and restart OFBiz, I got an issue, from a not yet committed patch, I have now identified:

Jacques

Re: Cannot Create GL Account

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Craig,

This should help you
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Addressing+Custom+Requirements+In+OFBiz#AddressingCustomRequirementsInOFBiz-ApplyingaPatch

If you are on Windows
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo#FAQ-Tips-Tricks-Cookbook-HowTo-PatchingOnWindows

To get your version number it depends on how you downloaded OFBiz.

If you used the svn repository then stop OFBiz; use "gradlew svnInfoFooter"; star OFBiz and then look into the bottom of one backend page, like you
can see on demos. At large "gradlew tasks" is your friend.

If you use a released package then you have to check when it was created in the OFBiz repo tags http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ofbiz/tags/. IIRW, we
recently spoke about adding this information in the footer for released packages

HTH

Jacques

Re: Cannot Create GL Account

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Craig,

You can run ./gradlew svnInfoFooter task form ofbiz home, it will add
revision info in backend footer section.

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
www.hotwaxsystems.com