Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/08/12 19:30:00 UTC

protobuf upgrade on Jenkins slaves causing build failures?

I'm curious if protobuf may have been upgraded to 2.5.0 on the Jenkins
slaves, ahead of committing the Hadoop code's dependency upgrade to 2.5.0.
 We've started to see build failures due to cannot find symbol
com.google.protobuf.Parser.  This is the earliest example I could find,
which happened 8/11 10:31 AM:

https://builds.apache.org/job/Hadoop-Yarn-trunk/298/

The Parser class does not exist in 2.4.1, but it does exist in 2.5.0, which
leads me to believe that the Jenkins machines were upgraded to start using
a 2.5.0 protoc binary.

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks
http://hortonworks.com/

Re: protobuf upgrade on Jenkins slaves causing build failures?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Chris,

Yep the protobuf version on the machine was upped. We have a parallel
ongoing discussion on the same lists under the title "Upgrade to
protobuf 2.5.0 for the 2.1.0 release" which you can follow for the
updates being done.

--
Harsh J