Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Bruno Salgueiro <bs...@sibs.pt> on 2000/02/23 13:17:28 UTC

General questions on Tomcat (retry)

Hi to all.

  I have posted a message with a digital signature asking some questions
but as some of you couldn't read it here it goes again. The 1st question
though was changed because it was already answered.

  I am a newbie to Tomcat but I have already worked with JServ a bit and
Apache. There are few questions I would like to post to this mailing
list which are:

  1- When Tomcat+Apache start the ports 8007 (AJP), 8080 (Tomcat Web
Ser-
     ver), 1254 and 2123. How can I disable all these ports except the
     AJP? What are the other ports for?

  2- The documentation is extremely poor and to install/configure/run
     Tomcat with Apache is a pain... Is there any documentation
available
     in the "dark side of the site"?

  3- I have already seen the thread about production systems and despite
     the fact that JServ seems to be very well written, the fact is that
     Sun points to the Tomcat effort as the reference implementation, so
     as a company, you have more guarantees with Tomcat than with JServ.
     In this light, can you please give me a possible date for a release
     that might be used in a live system?

  4- Will Tomcat comply with J2EE? If not, which aspects of J2EE will be
     implemented or not (e.g. the deployment process)?

Sorry for the long email but I need some answers to this so that I can
"recommend" the usage of Tomcat internaly.

Thank you very much.
Bruno Salgueiro       (mailto:bs@sibs.pt)

SIBS - Sociedade Interbancária de Serviços
Rua Soeiro Pereira Gomes, Lote 1, 1600 Lisboa, Portugal

Tel: + 351 21 791 88 33
Fax: + 351 21 793 50 80
http://www.sibs.pt

Esta mensagem foi assinada com certificado MULTIcert.
Para obter o certificado da Autoridade de Certificação
PILOTO MULTIcert dirija-se ao site
            http://www.sibs.multicert.com

"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
                                        --Pablo Picasso