Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net> on 2003/08/12 17:30:45 UTC

Re: Tapestry(help)

Tirumala Kanakamedata wrote:

>Harish,
>
>We are planning on
>using tapestry for our new project I would like to get an advice from you.I
>just wanted to find some answers from an expert like you. your help is
>appreciated.

Always glad to help.

>Do you suggest us going with this?

Depends on the project needs. Tapestry is the best Java web framework I
know of thus far. If you have already decided to use Java with a web
interface, then I would strongly recommend Tapestry.

>Do you know a good place where I can find some good examples and
>applications?

The distribution has a full blown enterprise example application, vlib -
The Virtual Library. In addition it has another example - the Workbench,
which is a showcase of various important features. Also I have an
illustrative document and a very simple demo that you may find at
http://mywpages.comcast.net/hkrishnaswamy/. And there's the forum where
a lot of the questions get answered. These Q & A are archived at
gmane.org. The development team is currently working on bringing the
product documentation up-to-date.

>Do you know if there are any books available for this?

The creator of Tapestry has just finished writing the book "Tapestry in
Action" for Manning. The book is expected to be in stores before winter.

>Please let me know I really appreciate your help.
>
>Thanks
>Tirumala Kumar

-Harish