Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by wayne <in...@pivot.net> on 2005/06/23 21:18:54 UTC

[users@httpd] How to get at subdirectories?

Hello,
New to Apache. I have Apache 1.3.33 on linux and I'm trying
to install a third party package that uses PHP.My
DocumentRoot directive points to /var/www, which is
the default.I also change my DirectoryIndex to add
index.php.I untar the package in my DocumentRoot
path.When I enter http://localhost in my browes
nothing happens. So I check the error log to see
what was happening. All the file below the
packages's main directory get prepend
with the DocumentRoot path, so anything
below the main package directory is not
found.Example, If file A is below the
root package directory, I get this -
/var/www/A, when it should be this
/var/www/pkgrootdir/A.I think I should use
a <Directory> directive, but I'm not sure
how to do this or whether that's the right
directive.Can someone help?
Thanks.