Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Hendy Irawan <he...@soluvas.com> on 2012/07/26 12:21:22 UTC

ApacheDS 2.0.0-M7 index problem

Hi,

I'm having issues with attributes in ApacheDS, for example uniqueMember in
a groupOfUniqueNames entry. Which I think has something to do with indexes.

LDAP searches return empty, although the query is good.

After modifying the affected uniqueMember (i.e. to a dummy value, then
again to the actual value), the entry is recognized correctly for search
results.

Is there a known bug in the index subsystem ?

In the meantime, as workaround, is there a way to tell ApacheDS to rebuild

Hendy Irawan - on Twitter <http://twitter.com/hendybippo> - on
LinkedIn<http://id.linkedin.com/in/hendyirawan>
Web Developer | Bippo Indonesia <http://www.bippo.co.id/> | Akselerator
Bisnis | Bandung

Re: ApacheDS 2.0.0-M7 index problem

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 11/2/12 10:38 AM, Hendy Irawan a écrit :
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> I've upgraded to 2.0.0-M8 and reimported all data.
>
> However, searches of uniqueMember in groupOfUniqueNames still behave
> erratically as before. Sometimes the search returns correct results,
> sometimes partially,
> sometimes returns zero results.
>
> Is this still an issue? Shall I create a JIRA?
Create a JIRA, and please add as much information as possible. For
instance, i you have some data (anonymized of course), feel free to
attach the ldif : I will be able to play with them.

Also we need to know what you mean by "erratically" : whch filters are
you using ? Under which circonstance you can get back wrong results ?
Can it be easily reproduced ? Can you insolate a scenario ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: ApacheDS 2.0.0-M7 index problem

Posted by Hendy Irawan <he...@soluvas.com>.
Hi Emmanuel,

I've upgraded to 2.0.0-M8 and reimported all data.

However, searches of uniqueMember in groupOfUniqueNames still behave
erratically as before. Sometimes the search returns correct results,
sometimes partially,
sometimes returns zero results.

Is this still an issue? Shall I create a JIRA?

Thank you.

Hendy

Posted by Hendy Irawan <he...@soluvas.com>.
Thank you Emmanuel!