Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lily Widiawaty Tan <wi...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/05 11:02:34 UTC

Configuration Tomcat after upgrading Java SDK

Hi all

I have upgraded my java sdk and jre to j2sdk1.4.2_08 from j2sdk1.4.1_01.

How do I configure Tomcat 4.1.30 so that it runs from the
j2sdk1.4.2_08 instead of the old copy?

Do I have to reinstall Tomcat or is there a configuration that I can change?

I have changed my JAVA_HOME environmental variable, but it doesn't
seem to have an effect. Also, when I attempt to start the apache
tomcat windows service, I get the following error message:

The Apache Tomcat 4.1 service on Local Computer started and then
stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do,
for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service.

Thanks for the help =)

Cheers,
Lily