Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by John Brewer <Jo...@atozdatabases.com> on 2011/08/03 23:02:58 UTC

Help with ShardParams

Hello,

  Can someone point me a good example or two of usage of the ShardParams shards.start and shards.rows?

  I have a Solr instance of 250M documents spread across 4 shards. And I need to be able to reliably and quickly access the records by "page" at the request of the user.

  I understand the searching limitation of the Distributed search when the start parameter gets high and have recently found the ShardParams and was hoping that this might be of some use.

Thanks,
John