Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Matthias Hanisch <ma...@camline.com> on 2017/10/18 13:49:55 UTC

Artemis - Cannot get scheduled messages to work with AMQP and Topic

Hi,

I would like to send a message deferred on a topic (multicast address), but
my problems is that the listener immediately receives the message.

The producer is build based on qpid-jms-client 0.25. I have tried to set
JMSDeliveryTime and/or _AMQ_SCHED_DELIVERY messsage property in the
following way

            long deliveryTime = System.currentTimeMillis() + 60000;
            message.setJMSDeliveryTime(deliveryTime);
            message.setLongProperty("_AMQ_SCHED_DELIVERY", deliveryTime);

Is there anything else I am missing, some setup or extra properties? Or is
this supported at all?
Or is it a problem using multi-cast?

I am using artemis 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT from last week.

Many thanks in advance,
Matthias

--
camLine GmbH
85238 Petershausen, Industriering 4a, Deutschland

Re: Artemis - Cannot get scheduled messages to work with AMQP and Topic

Posted by Matthias Hanisch <ma...@camline.com>.
Ok. I misinterpreted the explanations in "Protocols and Interoperability /
AMQP scheduling message delivery".
By the way: the section "Scheduled Messages" suggests using property
_AMQ_SCHED_DELIVERY
which has no effect at all. At least not with AMQP.

Thanks for clarification,
Matthias

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Hanisch <ma...@camline.com>.