Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2004/01/15 09:13:23 UTC

RE: Starting Websphere server from Ant script

Tomcat,

With Ant script you can do whatever you like. But maybe you meant with
the <cactus> task? If that's the question then the answer is no.
Currently the cactus task does not *directly* supports WebSphere.
However, you can still use it for starting websphere using the <generic>
nested tag.

See the doc on the cactus web site.

Thanks
-Vincent

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Unfortunately, I am not a WebSphere user. I guess you have 2 choices:

- you either need to find out the websphere java class containing the
main() method. You'll also need to know the system properties to pass to
it. The way to find this information is by looking at your existing
websphere startup scripts

- directly call the websphere startup script from within your start and
stop targets, using <exec>

-Vincent