Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kai Hackemesser <ka...@gmx.de> on 2007/05/24 10:02:26 UTC

Upgrade to Fop 0.93... Translator? UserMessage? SecureResourceBundle?

Hi there,

just a shot question: what happened to the classes Translator,
UserMessage and SecureResourceBundle, and how do I substitute them for
FOP .93 API?

Kind regards,
Kai

Re: Upgrade to Fop 0.93... Translator? UserMessage? SecureResourceBundle?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Translator is now in org.apache.fop.render.awt.viewer. The other classes
somehow didn't make it through the redesign. Maybe they were added after
the maintenance branch was forked and improvements to the AWT viewer
there didn't make it into the redesign. But maybe while improving the
AWT viewer this functionality wasn't needed anymore so it may have been
removed. I haven't really checked.

I wonder if you really still need those and if the current AWT viewer
doesn't fit your needs. Anyway, the outer FOP API has changed during the
redesign so migrating from 0.20.5 is generally a major step. If you miss
any functionality in the AWT viewer we're happy to accept patches.

If you state your requirements for the AWT viewer, we can certainly give
some pointers if it needs to be improved.

On 24.05.2007 10:02:26 Kai Hackemesser wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> just a shot question: what happened to the classes Translator,
> UserMessage and SecureResourceBundle, and how do I substitute them for
> FOP .93 API?
>
> Kind regards,
> Kai

Jeremias Maerki