Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "W.P. McNeill" <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/07 01:27:44 UTC

Where is org.apache.hadoop.streaming.io.IdentifierResolver defined?

I have some 0.20.2 Hadoop code that
extends org.apache.hadoop.streaming.io.IdentifierResolver. That code found
this in the hadoop-*-streaming.jar in the contrib/streaming directory. I am
trying to build it in an environment that only uses jars from 0.20.203.
However I can't find where org.apache.hadoop.streaming.io.IdentifierResolver
is in this version of Hadoop. Which jar now contains this class?

Re: Where is org.apache.hadoop.streaming.io.IdentifierResolver defined?

Posted by "W.P. McNeill" <bi...@gmail.com>.
I just did a "jar tf" on all the jar files in 0.20.203 and didn't find
"IdentifierResolver" in any of them. Has this API changed?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Yes, that should be the one that went in, or if it doesn't apply
cleanly to 0.20.203, try the one based off 0.20.1 uploaded last @
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12422200/HADOOP-1722-v0.20.1.patch

Do ensure that their added tests pass cleanly before deploying!

--
Harsh J

Re: Where is org.apache.hadoop.streaming.io.IdentifierResolver defined?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hello again W.P. McNeill,

I'm highly unsure on what form of "Apache Hadoop 0.20.2" version you
were running before but looks like you are running into
downgraded-like issues by moving onto Apache Hadoop 0.20.203 seeing
your recent mails.

IdentifierResolver was part of the major streaming improvement made at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1722 by Klaas, which
again, has never gone into 0.20 - but it is in 0.21. Klaas had given
patches for branches as old as 0.18, though. I believe this JIRA is
one of the requirements to use Dumbo, the python framework @
http://last.fm/dumbo

You'll need to patch things to have it back.