Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1997/01/25 06:53:33 UTC

Historical note on mod_imap

Regarding the relative attractiveness of mod_imap: :)

I first ported the imagemap program (then distributed with
NCSA if I remember correctly) into what became mod_imap
back in the days when RST was playing with Shambala in his
"sandbox". Nathan Kurz later added/rewrote portions of it
to add menu support. I agree completely that it needs to be
gutted and rewritten with a better understanding of the module
API.

Then again, with client side imagemaps becoming more widely
available, it's days may be numbered.