Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> on 2002/04/02 23:23:15 UTC

latest Excalibur bites back

After the last cvs update I've done, the newly updated Excalibur
started to show some of the old problems I've seen in the past. The
problem is that essentially components defined in cocoon.xconf cannot
be looked up anymore, and generate a "Could not find component"
exception. Cocoon seems to be working fine, but Schecoon is currently
broken.

Can somebody explain how the lookup mechanism in Excalibur changed
since the 4.1 release?

Thanks,
Ovidiu

RE: latest Excalibur bites back

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
The Excalibur build is currently in flux.  When we finally get the
new build system in a sane environment, we should be able to make
everything work properly again.

We have not had a chance to do regression testing yet--there is no
official release yet.

ExcaliburComponentManager introduced a component
initialization/destruction
ordering layer so that you won't get any invalid component exceptions
when the system was shut down.

Again, things are in flux in the excalibur project in general.
Caveat Emptor until we get the build straightened out.