Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "michael.boom" <my...@yahoo.com> on 2014/01/10 11:03:25 UTC

Boosting documents at index time, based on payloads

Hi,

I'm not really sure how/if payloads work (I tried out Rafal Kuc's payload
example in Apache Solr 4 Cookbook and did not do what i was expecting - see
below what i was expecting to do and please correct me if i was looking for
the the wrong droid)

What I am trying to achieve is similar to the payload principle, give
certain term a boosting value at index time.
At query time , if searched by that term, that boost value should influence
the scoring, docs with bigger boost values being preferred to the ones with
smaller boost values.

Can this be achieved using payloads? I expect so, but then how should this
behaviour be implemented - the basic recipe failed to work, so I'm a little
confused.

Thanks!

-----
Thanks,