Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by HARI17785 <ha...@wipro.com> on 2009/04/01 13:57:34 UTC

Re: Tomcat 5.5 and Mysql 5.0 connectivity

Hi i got the solution,
 to connect ur cgi script from Apache to MySql db u hav to do the following
things.

1.Open ur Tomcat home directory and go to conf and open web.xml.
2.uncomment the following things..

         - <servlet>
  <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet</servlet-class>
- <init-param>
  <param-name>debug</param-name>
  <param-value>0</param-value>
  </init-param>
- <init-param>
  <param-name>cgiPathPrefix</param-name>
  <param-value>WEB-INF/cgi</param-value>
  </init-param>
- <init-param>
  <param-name>passShellEnvironment</param-name>
  <param-value>false</param-value>
  </init-param>
  <load-on-startup>5</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

           and   change the <param-value>false</param-value> to
true(<param-value>true</param-value> )

           and change the <param-name>debug</param-name>
  <param-value>0</param-value> value to 6

Uncomment the following

- <servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/cgi-bin/*</url-pattern> if ur cgi bin name is cgi-bin dont
change this otherwise      give the exact name of ur cgi folder
  </servlet-mapping>

Now go to server\lib
there will be jar file named
servlets-cgi.renametojarservlets-cgi.renametojar change the name to
servlets-cgi.jar

Now ur CGI script will  work on .

Regards,
Hari17785