Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2021/04/05 02:09:22 UTC

Jenkins build

Matt,

I just noticed that the build for Log4j 2 Master is failing. I guess you must have modified the configuration a while ago. I had thought each project had their own Jenkins file but it appears they are all now sharing one in the logging-pipelines project. I took a look at that project but I really have no idea how to modify it property. The pipeline seems to implement an “mvn” command as a groovy script that sets up the toolchains and Java 8 as the default. The problem is master no longer uses toolchains and has upgraded to Java 11. I have no idea how to detect that this is the build for the log4j master branch vs some other project.

It does seem like having something in the project might have helped this situation.

Can you possibly look at this?

Ralph

Re: Jenkins build

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
The Windows build doesn't seem to be the issue. It seems to be related
to running mvn deploy for the snapshot. See logs:
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Logging/job/log4j/job/master/256/console

Re: Jenkins build

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Jenkins build