Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Preeti Sabharwal <pr...@media.mit.edu> on 2003/11/12 11:00:29 UTC

James Taking too much time to send remote mails.

Hello,

I have a peer-to-peer network of machines and i am sending mails via
james to these machines.It is taking more than 1 min for sending
remote mails while it takes only few secs for local mails.Kindly
suggest me how to configure james to shorten this time for remote
mails.

Prits

RE: James Taking too much time to send remote mails.

Posted by Preeti Sabharwal <pr...@media.mit.edu>.
Hello,

I cud solve the problem of more time in remote mails by setting the
gateway tag in RemoteDelivery matcher.Next issue coming up is how can
i specify multiple gateways to handle different domains.As per the
RemoteDelivery mailet structure :
gateway (optional) - The host name of the SMTP server to be used as a
gateway for this server. If this value is set, then all messages will
be delivered to the gateway server, regardless of recipient address.
To specify more than one gateway server, add multiple gateway tags,
each containing one value. If more than one server is specified, they
will be tried in order until one is successful. In addition the port
may be specified for each gateway in the format <host>:<port>. If
this value is unset, delivery will occur to SMTP servers resolved by
MX lookup.

I did the same n changed the config file as:
<gateway>gateway1:port1</gateway>
<gateway>gateway:2port2</gateway>
The structure says that gateways will be tried in order but it is
attempting only first gateway and if it fails, Mailet.log is
generated and mail is stored in outgoing folder without testing the
gateway2.

Pls Comment why is not testing gateway2.

Preeti

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.