Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by "Tsai, George (EDS)" <Ge...@va.gov> on 2008/10/22 16:06:39 UTC

is instance variable of page flow controller thread safe?

I have a page flow controller that is a subclass of
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowController running weblogic
921. The essence of my question is: is instance variable of page flow
controller thread safe?

Here are the details. In the page flow controller, I have an instance
variable "status" that stores the status of the patient, which is stored
in the request. It sets the status after the patient status is retrieved
from database. The set method is not synchronized.

This works fine during normal test. But it failed during load test. Does
a page flow controller instance shared among different requests? If so,
how can I store the status for each request?

Thanks,

G T