Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by LA Walsh <sa...@tlinx.org> on 2005/10/10 18:28:24 UTC

Re: dependencies: cpan vs. runtime?

Bonjour,

    No -- don't really need them.  Just trying to trace down
why, with another upgrade, the my emails have gone from
being tagged by SA to not being tagged.

I didn't know if the missing modules were contributing
to the problem.  I had noted earlier emails of some people
having problems with SPF defaulting to "on" and their
emailers not entirely conforming.

    Ideally, IMO, the upgrade should set new defaults to
most closely mimic the behavior of the old configuration.
Some varient of a "lint" report could show options that
are not in their default configuration for a given
release (a feature enhancement, I know).

    BTW -- how difficult would it be to put a "stable"
release of razor2 and/or pyzor into CPAN periodically
so they can be pulled down and used via the same
method as other modules?

Merci et Thanks,
Linda