Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@apache.org> on 2021/06/15 18:58:13 UTC

[VOTE] Release pyignite 0.5.0-rc0

Dear Igniters!

Release candidate binaries for subj are uploaded and ready for vote
You can find them here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ignite/pyignite/0.5.0-rc0

If you follow the link above, you will find source package (*.tar.gz and *.zip)
and binary packages (wheels) for windows (amd64) and linux (x86_64)
for pythons 36, 37, 38, 39. Also, there are sha512 and gpg signatures.

You can install binary package for specific version of python using pip
For example do this on linux for python 3.8
>> pip install pyignite-0.4.0-cp38-cp38-manylinux1_x86_64.whl

You can build and install package from source using this command:
>> pip install pyignite-0.4.0.tar.gz
You can build wheel on your platform using this command:
>> pip wheel --no-deps pyignite-0.4.0.tar.gz

For building C module, you should have python headers and C compiler installed.
(i.e. for ubuntu sudo apt install build-essential python3-dev)
In Mac OS X xcode-tools and python from homebrew are the best option.

In order to check whether C module works, use following:
>> from pyignite import _cutils
>> print(_cutils.hashcode('test'))
>> 3556498

You can find documentation here:
https://apache-ignite-binary-protocol-client.readthedocs.io/en/0.5.0.rc0

You can find examples here (to check them, you should start ignite locally):
https://apache-ignite-binary-protocol-client.readthedocs.io/en/0.5.0.rc0/examples.html
Also, examples can be found in source archive in examples subfolder.
docker-compose.yml is supplied in order to start ignite quickly. (Use
`docker-compose up -d` to start 3 nodes cluster and `docker-compose
down` to shut down it)

Release notes:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite-python-thin-client.git;a=blob;f=RELEASE_NOTES.txt;h=9d2ae81af2de22ce9e8c9d3b7ece14dd9e75ca0e;hb=61c83cb0ab6752f019518b4a2cb0724bd027755f

Git release tag was created:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite-python-thin-client.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/0.5.0.rc0

The vote is formal, see voting guidelines
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

+1 - to accept pyignite-0.5.0-rc0
0 - don't care either way
-1 - DO NOT accept pyignite-0.5.0-rc0

The vote will end at June, 17 15:00 UTC.

Re: [VOTE] Release pyignite 0.5.0-rc0

Posted by Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I agree, after merging
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-14911 that resolves this