Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Scholz Sven <sv...@wipotec.com> on 2012/01/11 09:07:15 UTC

Memory leak in DOMNodeVector

Dear Xerces developers,

I would like to know if there may be a memory leak in XercesC++ using the DOMLSParser.
Every time I am using the parser, I see a object-creation using "new" with a size of 8 byte in "DOMNodeVector::init".
This memory will not be freed anymore although I free the generated DOM-document.

I am using Xerces version 3.0.1.
I have seen the following path to the memory allocation:
DOMLSParserImpl::parse -> AbstractDOMParser::parse -> IGXMLScanner::scanDocument -> IGXMLScanner::scanContent -> IGXMLScanner::scanStartTagNS -> DOMLSParserImpl::startElement -> AbstractDOMParser::startElement -> DOMNodeVector::init

Best regards,
Sven Scholz

Sven Scholz
Research & Development

Wipotec GmbH
Adam-Hoffmann-Str. 26
67657 Kaiserslautern

T +49.631.34146-0
F +49.631.34146-8640
http://www.wipotec.com

[http://www.wipotec.com/images/stories/pictures/Signatur_W.gif]<http://www.wipotec.com/german/Veranstaltungen/Unternehmen/Veranstaltungen>

Legal information:
Wipotec Wiege- und Positioniersysteme GmbH
HRB 2317 Kaiserslautern, Management: T. D?ppre, U. Wagner

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.