Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Luiz Carlos Barbosa Jr." <lu...@aspatech.com.br> on 2001/09/03 15:04:08 UTC

Instalation of Struts on TomCat with Apache

Hi,

   I´m tring to install the Struts 1.0 on the Tomcat 3.2.1 with Apache
(on the Win2k). Acording to the instaling instructions on the Tomcat web
page I could include one of the following configuration files on the
Apache's "httpd.conf":
*	tomcat-apache.conf
*	mod_jk.conf-auto
   It recommened to use the "mod_jk.conf-auto". So I've used it. But on
the Struts' site it says that I have to include the following line on
the "tomcat-apache.conf": AddHandler jserv-servlet .do
   As I'm using "mod_jk.conf-auto" instead of "tomcat-apache.conf", I
tried to include this line on the httpd.conf, but didn't work out. So my
web server isn't recognizing the *.do extension. I haven't tried to
include this line on the "mod_jk.conf-auto", because this file is built
every inicialization of the the Tomcat.

Thanks.
Luiz

Re: Instalation of Struts on TomCat with Apache

Posted by Wagner Correa Ramos <wa...@cnptia.embrapa.br>.
Luiz,

I had this problem too and the solution is...

In the http.conf we need the line (or similar depending of your o.s.)
include C:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\conf\mod_jk.conf-auto

Insert them (after) the line:

JkMount /*.do ajp12

And modify too the line (in http.conf) where we have
DirectoryIndex index.html

To be as:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.jsp

I hope this help you.

Wagner Correa Ramos

(Depois de responder vi que voce fala portugues !!! - Boa Sorte com o
Struts - eh uma excelente ferramenta)