Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by nsyed777 <ns...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/04 00:04:01 UTC

Throttling Question

Hi,
I am newbie so please forgive silly question here. I am trying figure out
how to use throttling but nothing seem to work. I tried using switch and
throughput controller, i even tried transation controller but i haven't
figure it out this yet. Here is scenario, in my test plan i have multiple
thread groups which have many 6 SOAP requests. All i want to do is for the
first thread group, use 10 threads sending 10 requests per min. Then start
the next thread group and use 20 threads using 20 requests/min. Below is the
Scenario
Thread Group 1: 10 requests/min for 10 mins using 10 threads, total
requests= 1000
Thread Group 2: 20 requests/min for 10 mins using 10 threads, total
requests= 2000
Thread Group 3: 30 requests/min for 10 mins using 10 threads....
and so on..
Grand Total = 20,000
I have total of 20, 000 records that i need to send in my requests within 1
hr. How can use throttling to achieve this because i end up sending the
reuests too fast. Thanks

Re: Reporting

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 11/04/2008, nsyed777 <ns...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Hi Sebb,
>  I have multiple thread groups in my test plan and each thread group uses
>  multiple Webservices (SOAP) request sampler. I would like to count the total
>  iterations for each request sampler and each thread group. I need this for
>  reporting purposes. OR is there a better way to create a report that will
>  include this? Thanks a bunch.

Just add
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Summary_Report

to each TG and to the Test Plan.