Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Astrid Ekman <as...@flygandepingvinen.se> on 2015/08/28 19:37:22 UTC

password to a document

Hello!

I have a problem with my password to a document. I have had the same password for 5 years at least and I’m 100% sure I have the correct password, and yet it suddenly doesn’t work (I use it every day). It says I have the wrong password. What could have gone wrong and how do I fix it? (yes I have tried with and without caps lock)

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards
Astrid

Re: password to a document

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 19:37:22 +0200
Astrid Ekman <as...@flygandepingvinen.se> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have a problem with my password to a document. I have had the same password for 5 years at least and I’m 100% sure I have the correct password, and yet it suddenly doesn’t work (I use it every day). It says I have the wrong password. What could have gone wrong and how do I fix it? (yes I have tried with and without caps lock)
>
> Thank you for your help!

Try deleting or renaming your OpenOffice user profile.  If you use Windows, do this by:
Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Delete or Rename the "user" folder. Start OpenOffice.

If not using Windows, details are in
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

Before doing this, see if there is a backup copy or a temporary copy of your file in the directories pointed to be
/Tools /Options /OpenOffice /Paths for the Temporary and Backup files.  Such files may have arbitrary names (hgjdrx.tmp or similar).  Rename them to the extension of your file and see if they open for you.

Your passworded file may be corrupt.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>