Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Xia Zhao <li...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/29 09:44:47 UTC

AOO 3.4, OOo 3.3, LibreOffice3.5.3 Performance Testing Result

Hi all,

Two or three weeks ago we have had lot of discussion against performance,
and I ever statement that we would provide the performance testing data.
Now the manual testing result is got and we will continuous on automatic
performance data.

*Test environment:*

*    CPU: Pentium 4. CPU 2.6GHz*

*    Memory: 1G*

*    OS: Windows XP SP3 *

  *Category*

*Action*

*Scenario*

*AOO3.4 Rev.1327774*

*OOo 3.3*

*LibreOffice 3.5.3*

Launch

 Warm application startup

with quick start

3.34 /0.31

1.92 /0.01

3.04 /0.02

 without quick start

3.41 /0.05

3.16 /0.18

4.63 /0.06

Launch

 Warm document startup

with quick start

2.74 /0.60

2.12 /0.03

3.42 /0.22

 without quick start

8.25 /0.40

4.59 /0.10

7.34 /0.04

  Filter

New oct

-

0.81 /0.09

1.03 /0.08

1.01 /0.05

  Filter

New odp

-

0.84 /0.08

2.10 /0.09

1.24 /0.03

  Filter

New odd

-

0.67 /0.06

0.81 /0.09

0.84 /0.06

  Filter

odt Load Finish

Plain

2.78 /0.11

2.71 /0.02

2.84 /0.03

 Complex

3.82 /0.19

3.66 /0.03

4.17 /0.08

Filter

doc Load Finish

Plain

3.75 /0.11

3.61 /0.05

6.40 /0.36

 Complex

11.61 /0.20

10.83 /0.10

14.47 /0.19

Filter

odp Load Finish

Plain

4.70 /0.19

4.72 /0.14

8.17 /0.12

 Complex

13.56 /0.09

13.94 /0.11

17.15 /0.17

Filter

ppt Load Finish

Plain

2.38 /0.14

2.24 /0.03

2.61 /0.09

 Complex

15.79 /0.40

15.29 /0.22

64.31 /1.00

Filter

ods Load Show

Plain

3.30 /0.36

3.57 /0.02

3.83 /0.13

 Complex

8.20 /0.05

5.69 /0.19

10.15 /0.11

Filter

xls Load Show

Plain

2.54 /0.02

3.16 /0.04

1.96 /0.02

 Complex

10.14 /0.22

9.83 /0.11

6.14 /0.07

Filter

Save odt

Plain

3.40 /0.06

3.37 /0.03

3.85 /0.05

 Complex

10.82 /0.16

10.66 /0.17

11.90 /0.02

Filter

Save doc

Plain

1.90 /0.12

1.79 /0.08

2.65 /0.06

 Complex

4.27 /0.08

4.00 /0.03

5.59 /0.07

Filter

Save odp

Plain

3.49 /0.20

4.32 /0.10

4.96 /0.10

 Complex

22.81 /0.29

26.50 /0.28

28.38 /0.05

Filter

Save ppt

Plain

2.98 /0.12

3.23 /0.18

3.23 /0.05

 Complex

29.20 /1.68

32.75 /0.70

54.28 /0.69

Filter

Save ods

Plain

2.17 /0.12

2.39 /0.09

2.71 /0.09

 Complex

4.02 /0.16

2.76 /0.07

3.27 /0.07

Filter

Save xls

Plain

2.09 /0.05

1.95 /0.03

2.58 /0.02

 Complex

4.25 /0.08

3.99 /0.04

7.49 /0.17

>From the above manual testing result, we can see that there are some
performance regression for AOO 3.4 comparing with OOo 3.3, for example,
startup, odd save and els save etc. Others are ok.

Best Regards,

Lily

Re: AOO 3.4, OOo 3.3, LibreOffice3.5.3 Performance Testing Result

Posted by Michael Meeks <mi...@suse.com>.
Hi Lilly,

On Tue, 2012-05-29 at 15:44 +0800, Xia Zhao wrote:
> Two or three weeks ago we have had lot of discussion against performance,
> and I ever statement that we would provide the performance testing data.
> Now the manual testing result is got and we will continuous on automatic
> performance data.

	Ooh; it's a shame you used LibO 3.5.3 since 3.5.4 has some nice
performance improvements, but I guess it's a day or two away from final
release ;-)

	One query is - how are you splitting out the filter time ?

>  Complex

	Are your sample documents available ?

	Where you write:

	3.34 /0.31

	Is the 0.31 a +/- error bar, and/or how do you estimate that ? and is
the data based on automatic testing, or manual ?

	Thanks,

		Michael.

Re: AOO 3.4, OOo 3.3, LibreOffice3.5.3 Performance Testing Result

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 4:44 AM, Xia Zhao <li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now the manual testing result is got and we will continuous on automatic
> performance data.

Very nice work, apparently. Lots of numbers but their meaning is lost (at
least at first look) on a plaintext email.

Could you please attach an ODF spreadsheet (.ODS) next time?

Thanks
FC