Posted to dev@oltu.apache.org by Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org> on 2016/02/15 12:38:09 UTC

Failing builds in Jenkins

The Apache Oltu builds are failing with these errors:

"java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not generate DH keypair”
caused by:
"Prime size must be multiple of 64, and can only range from 512 to 1024 (inclusive)”

Maybe I’m overlooking something, but it looks like it’s related to [1]. This caused more projects that compile with Java 6 to fail on the Apache CI server (Jenkins). If Oltu needs to stick to Java 6, the solution seems to be a Maven profile that calls the toolchain plugin which selects the JDK that can handle the keypair. Then we also need to change the project configuration in Jenkins to call this profile during the CI build.

What would be the best solution?

Regards,

Jasha

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-10298

Re: Failing builds in Jenkins

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>.
> Op 15 feb. 2016, om 12:38 heeft Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org> het volgende geschreven:
>
> The Apache Oltu builds are failing with these errors:
>
> "java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not generate DH keypair”
> caused by:
> "Prime size must be multiple of 64, and can only range from 512 to 1024 (inclusive)”
>
> Maybe I’m overlooking something, but it looks like it’s related to [1]. This caused more projects that compile with Java 6 to fail on the Apache CI server (Jenkins). If Oltu needs to stick to Java 6, the solution seems to be a Maven profile that calls the toolchain plugin which selects the JDK that can handle the keypair. Then we also need to change the project configuration in Jenkins to call this profile during the CI build.
>
> What would be the best solution?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jasha
>
> [1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-10298

Anyone? The builds keep failing and everyone who is subscribed on this list receives notifications about it.

Jasha

Re: Failing builds in Jenkins

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>.
> Op 25 feb. 2016, om 12:50 heeft Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org> het volgende geschreven:
>

>> Op 25 feb. 2016, om 12:30 heeft Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> het volgende geschreven:
>>
>> Hi Jasha,
>> unfortunately I am not even able to reproduce the issue on my local machine
>> :(
>> If you have an idea on how to go ahead with a possible resolution, don't be
>> shy and feel free to give a try!
>> -Simo
>
> The issue is that we cannot deploy the artifacts to the Apache snapshot repo using Java6. The SSL handshake fails due to an unsupported key length.
>
> I wanted to configure the Maven toolchain plugin which makes it possible to start Maven using Java7 or 8 but do the actual compilation using Java 6. We do need to change the configuration of the Jenkins jobs for that, but I don’t have sufficient rights for that

Apparently Infra has activated this profile by default :-) The builds are succeeding again.

Jasha

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Jasha,