Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Giovanni Aiello <gi...@eng.it> on 2007/07/18 10:52:09 UTC

How to communicate with the notification producer

Hi all,
I am new of Apache Muse. I have developed one notification producer with one custom capability and one notification consumer. I need to pass to the notification producer (from a notification consumer) several strings and the Qname related to a topic in order to force it to send notifications related to the passed topic. How can I do?

Regards
Giovanni

RE: How to communicate with the notification producer

Posted by Bogdan Solomon <bs...@ncct.uottawa.ca>.
Good point, I never realized there was a method to call with just the
producer's epr. From the example in the docs I assumed it was missing the
source and that's why it had ( , producerEPR) as signature.

Posted by le...@bt.com.

Posted by Bogdan Solomon <bs...@ncct.uottawa.ca>.
Not sure what you mean by "pass to the notification producer (from a
notification consumer) several strings and the Qname related to a topic". Do

Posted by "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vi...@cisco.com>.
The producer will automatically publish notifications to consumers as
the notifications are generated.

If you want your client/consumer to explicitly call the producer and get
a set of notifications, you must add your own custom
operation/capability to your producer for that.  Note that by default,
the SimpleNotificationProducer doesn't cache notifications, so you need
to provide that logic if you want caching or need to retrieve the
notifications from the underlying system.

Or, you can look into the PullPoint feature which basically caches the
notifications at the Muse layer, and exposes operations which you can
directly call to get the notifications.