Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by DEEPTHI KOLLIPARA <de...@tcs.com> on 2020/06/03 08:17:30 UTC

Configuring DR site for Ignite Application

Hi Team,

  We have implemented Apache Ignite 2.7 version with Ignite native persistence enabled in partition mode. We are planning to create a DR(Disaster Recovery)  site for the production environment using RP4VM.

RP4VM will technically keep the cloned VM at DR Site in sync with the Production Site OR vice-a-versa. RP4VM will help in case if DR Shifting is done than VMs are other location can be readily available for Business Continuity.

Will there be any issues with the ignite nodes when nodes are started in DR site. Kindly suggest on this.

Thanks
Deepthi K

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Configuring DR site for Ignite Application

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi Deepthi,

Will that be a full image of a VM with a current execution state (memory,
OS, disk, Ignite node process) or just a snapshot of Ignite persistence
files?

In short, if you do the full image but don't clone the network settings
then the cluster will fall to pieces once VMs and their execution state are
recovered on another DR. The thing is that the nodes used one set of IP
addresses in on DR and expect to have the same IPs after the recovery.

-
Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi Deepthi,