Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Ruben Rubio Rey <tk...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/18 06:15:49 UTC

Oauth for Google Compute and DigitalOcean

Hi,

There are some suppliers that they support oauth for the authentication. Is
there any way to use the authentication provided by oath with jclouds ?

Regards,
Ruben

Re: Oauth for Google Compute and DigitalOcean

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
Well, it depends on the OAuth flow being used, but in general jclouds
handles the entire authentication flow:

In DigitalOcean, the user goes to the control panel and generates an
API token from there. That token is already the OAuth Bearer token to
be used to authenticate, so there are no more steps involved. Just
propagate the token and you're done.
In GCE, The user provides the client ID and the private key and
jclouds performs the entire JWT OAuth flow to get a temporal Bearer
access token for those credentials, and handles the complexity of
using and renewing it when needed.

So I'd say in DigitalOcean your app should ask users to introduce the
DO token, and in GCE they should introduce their credentials.

HTH!

I.

Posted by Ruben Rubio Rey <tk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ignasi,