Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org> on 2020/03/16 14:36:25 UTC

[VOTE] Switch from using Jira to Github Issues

The original discuss thread is here. https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r19014fac5aa2aa15a86890aa438940da263e430cb535ca451ef451a4%40%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E

Proposal is:

- We create a few appropriate issue templates in ./github  -- specifically also one for "Ask for help" that basically says "Don't ask here, this will be closed".
- We ask Infra to enable Github Issues on our apache/airflow repo
- We remove the requirement on code changes to need an accompanying Jira ticket (and we don't replace it with needing a Github Issue either)
- We use Github Milestones to target which PRs should be backported to release branches.
- We update/port the dev/airflow_jira script from looking at FixVersion in Jira to look instead at the Milestone.
- We (committers/interested parties) start reviewing the open Jira issues, manually migrate the ones we think are still relevant to Github Issues, leave a link (Add Link, not just a comment) on the Jira Issue, and close it with  status "Auto Closed"(?). We could also add a "migrated-to-github" label to migrated issues.
- After the review is done we bulk-comment on any remaining open issue saying "We are migrating to Github, and believe this issue is no longer relevant. If you think otherwise please create an issue at <url>".
- Ask Infra to disable creating new Jira issues for the AIRFLOW project.

There is a bit of a "contention/locking" issue about the migration -- how to avoid creating duplicate issues. Not the end of the world if we do I guess.

This vote will last for 72 hours, ending 2020-03-19T14:35:00Z, and until 3 +1 votes are cast.

This is my binding +1 vote.

Thanks,
ash

Re: [VOTE] Switch from using Jira to Github Issues

Posted by Robin Edwards <ro...@bidnamic.com>.
woohoo!

+1 none binding

Posted by Michał Słowikowski <mi...@polidea.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

[RESULT] [VOTE] Switch from using Jira to Github Issues

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.
This vote has passed with 12 +1 votes and 0 -1 votes.

Yay!

Daniel has already started updating the PR template and checks :)
https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/7771/files

-ash

Posted by Sid Anand <sa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sid Anand <r3...@gmail.com>.
+1 Binding

Posted by Daniel Imberman <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 Binding

Posted by Sumit Maheshwari <su...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Kevin Yang <yr...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Tao Feng <fe...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.
I wasn't think so, not for now. The Confluence based-flow isn't causing (me) any pain points.

-ash

Posted by Darren Weber <dw...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
+1 binding.

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: [VOTE] Switch from using Jira to Github Issues

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

T.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.