Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mérième N <me...@yahoo.fr> on 2006/05/16 15:03:20 UTC

[Axis2] endpoint test, backward compatibilty and WSDL2Java

Hi,

I want to test a SOAP endpoint ot the Version like in Axis 1.3.

I type http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/version
or http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/version?method=getVersion

the page displayed the following message:
Requested resource not found!

The link in order to generate the WSDL works.

However I follow step by step the guidelines in the installation guide. All the other pages are displayed as expected.

An another question, I developed a Web Service under Axis 1.3. I wanted to upload the jar files via the administaton site. This service is displayed as a faulty service. In general, can Axis2 deployed a web service developed under a previous version?

Can it have a backward compatibility?

I try to enforce the WSDL2Java command line advised in the user guide
WSDL2Java -uri ..\samples\wsdl\Axis2SampleDocLit.wsdl -ss -sd -d xmlbeans
-o ..\samples -p org.apache.axis2.userguide

This error is displayed.
'WSDL2Java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Do I have to call this tool in another way ?

Could you help me to fix that.

Thanking you in advance.
Merieme

Re : [Axis2] endpoint test, backward compatibilty and WSDL2Java

Posted by Mérième N <me...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi,

Thanks for your advice!

I try again to enforce the WSDL2Java command line.
My first value of AXIS2_HOME is C:\axis2-std-1.0-src.
It displayed me this error
The AXIS2_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program

I modified the path of my AXIS2_HOME variable to  C:\axis2-std-1.0-src\target\temp\war
Apparently, the WSDL2Java.bat seeks an Axis2_home containing a lib directory.
When I try again to enforce the WSDL2Java command line:
WSDL2Java -uri Ask.wsdl -ss -sd -d xmlbeans -o . -p tutu

Now, I have this errors message displayed :
Using AXIS2_HOME:   C:\axis2-std-1.0-src\target\temp\war
Using JAVA_HOME:    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_06
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/wsdl/WSDLExcept
ion
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:32)
        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:21)

I put the xbean-2.1.0 jar file in the diretory lib located in AXIS2_HOME but no change.

I still have problems with the test of a SOAP endpoint via an URL like in Axis1.3?

Could you help me?

Thanking you in advance
Regards,
Merieme