Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Michelan Arendse <mi...@addynamo.com> on 2010/08/02 10:21:10 UTC

Extending IndexSpecifications

Hi

I have a column that has multiple sets of data, I am trying to implement the secondary indexing as shown by Rajeev Sharma at http://rajeev1982.blogspot.com/2009/06/secondary-indexes-in-hbase.html. The problem that I ran into was that HBase does not have a unique index key generator, so we wrote our own and this is working fine.

We have tried multiple column families with the JSON String example and have failed.

So now my questions are:

*         Has anyone implemented an example of multiple column families and done indexing on that?

*         Does anyone have a work around to indexing multiple values on a column that contains multiple sets of data of the same type and column field.

*         Any suggestions as to how can do something like this.

If yes to anyone of these question please provide some sample code as well.

Kind regards,
Michelan Arendse