Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Roman Sozinov <le...@newmail.ru> on 2007/06/21 14:20:13 UTC

Bayes became to work very bad

I'm using spamassassin about 1 year and for that period I already have good
BAYES tokens base.
But about 2 weaks ago began something wrong - my system became to catch spam
very bad.
About 80% of spam have BAYES_50 score :(
What's wrong?

I'm using Spamassassin 3.1.8 with mysql backend (awl & bayes)
In my bayes base there are:
spam_count - 17539
ham_count - 4895
token_count - 453505

Roman

Re: Bayes became to work very bad

Posted by jean-philippe luiggi <je...@didconcept.com>.
Hello Roman,

Perhaps we could get other advices but i think
learning is still a good thing.

About the old BAYSES-base, i've no opinion, i think it may still be
valuable but i've no idea of the accuracy.

Best regards,

Jean-philippe.

Posted by Roman Sozinov <le...@newmail.ru>.

Posted by jean-philippe luiggi <je...@didconcept.com>.
Hello Roman,

It's not a problem with SA but with the bayes's concept instead.
Keeping an "big" but "old" bayes's database doesn't mean
you'll catch the new spam.
Each day, spammers change them in order to evade detection so in
order to be as accurate as possible you need to learn often.

In the last one i got, there were 3 words relating to
spam for more than 200 regular.

Best regards.

n Thu, 21 Jun 2007 05:20:13 -0700 (PDT)

Re: AW: Bayes became to work very bad

Posted by Matthias Haegele <mh...@linuxrocks.dyndns.org>.
Joerg Reisslein schrieb:

> Mit freundlichen Gru?en
> Do you have a link for the botnet plugin?

$searchmachine "download botnet plugin spamassassin"

http://people.ucsc.edu/~jrudd/spamassassin/

Docs in tarball provide details for install.

--
hth
MH

Dont send mail to: ubecatcher@linuxrocks.dyndns.org

AW: Bayes became to work very bad

Posted by Joerg Reisslein <j....@schmitt-aufzuege.de>.

Mit freundlichen Gru?en
Do you have a link for the botnet plugin?

cheers

Posted by Roman Sozinov <le...@newmail.ru>.

Posted by Matthias Haegele <mh...@linuxrocks.dyndns.org>.
Roman Sozinov schrieb:

> Matthias Haegele-2 wrote:
>> You use sa-learn till now?. Some people suggest not to learn old
>> spam/ham ...
>> Think its pretty normal that bayes hits are not very good on new spam
>> (spammer tweak their messages every day to slip the filters ...).
>> Some new spam messages here only get BAYES_00 ...
>>
> sa-learn sometimes use (~3 times in a week)
> So what about some advice? :)

Use blacklists, the botnet plugin, SARE rules, sa-update ...?
upgrade to a newer SA release?

--
Grüsse/Greetings

Posted by Roman Sozinov <le...@newmail.ru>.