Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com> on 2007/04/13 06:34:18 UTC

No source code provided for ofbiz-minerva.jar?

The fix to support validationQuery could be done in ofbiz-minerva.jar. Is the source code
provided, or do we have to roll our own if we want things fixed or enhanced?

The validationQuery feature refreshes timed out connections in a DBCP. Timing out inactive
connections in a DBCP is common and correct behavior in RDBMSes, to prevent resource hogs.

This issue is related to any RDBMS that times out inactive connections after a set interval of
inactivity, not just MySQL.

OT: Does PostgreSQL not time out inactive connections?

Jonathon

Re: No source code provided for ofbiz-minerva.jar?

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
David,

Ok, I'll try to pull the source codes from that server and fix it up instead.

I suppose the XAPoolDatasource is transaction-aware? Does the XAPoolDatasource do distributed
transactions? Yes, that is hard to test, let alone implement.

Jonathon

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
David,