Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/14 17:07:41 UTC

New CDI SE main in our owb-se module

Hi guys,

I just pushed a main for CDI SE API. The rational is to get a default
implementation where the CDI environment is configurable in a "standard" -
not as a spec but as a reusable and not per app case - way.

I tried to write most of the information in a readme at
https://github.com/apache/openwebbeans/tree/trunk/webbeans-se - guess we
will need to sync it with the doc when released.

We can think about adding some pluggability to enable to integrate with
config or so and also reusing openwebbeans.properties to auto configure it
if not set on the CLI.

My main usage of such a thing is to write batches or CLI apps as standard
CDI apps and then just configure the command through an option without
having to use anything specific. With MP-Config it makes it trivial to be
configurable and runnable which is pretty nice and very low cost IMHO.

Romain Manni-Bucau