Posted to user@struts.apache.org by as as <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/11 14:45:57 UTC

textarea

Hi,

I am generatinga textare on my jsp with this:

<textarea name="info" rows="12" cols="50" tabindex="0"><bean:write name="teacher" property="qualifications" /></textarea>

BUt if i enter a large peice of text in the textarea and save it (try to save it) in my bean, its not getting the whole chunck of data (like a paragraph or a page)>

ANything wrong i may be doing? how to fix it...

Thanks in advance

Re: textarea

Posted by Daniel Henrique Alves Lima <em...@yahoo.com.br>.
  You must be carefull. You can don't see the whole text (because the \n
characteres).
Are you using an java IDE to debug your source ? If this is true, try to
write the contents of your property in your log file...

Re: AW: textarea

Posted by Daniel Henrique Alves Lima <em...@yahoo.com.br>.

I think that "post" is the default but i'm not sure...

jsp.error.attribute.noequal

Posted by as as <sa...@yahoo.com>.

Hi,

I keep getting this error.Sometimes recompiling my jsps makes this error go away.but i have so many jsps(atleast 20) that recompiling is giving error in one or the other of them

kinda strange

wondering how to fix it....

the error was at this line sometimes and the next one in the rest of the cases:

<input type="hidden" name="id"

value="<%= request.getParameter("id") %>">

<bean:write name="teacher" property="age" />

Thanks in advance!

AW: AW: textarea

Posted by Andreas Solarik <a....@gesig.at>.
Hi Sam,

You can find the info at
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/struts-html.html#form.
<snip>
"method The HTTP method that will be used to submit this request (GET,
POST). [POST] [RT Expr]"
</snip>

Its set to post by default, so I guess I havn't got a clue what your problem
is. Maybe textareas can be limited by a parameter as to how much data they
will hold - but I'm guessing here.

Good luck,
Andreas

AW: textarea