Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "Poindexter, Miles" <Mi...@condenast.com> on 2012/10/08 18:20:05 UTC

simple SalesForce client?

Hello,
I just learned about TomEE+ last week so I am very new to it, but would like to demo it to people here.
I have a demo 80% complete but have run into a problem that I don't know how to go about debugging.

Here's some background:
This will be a simple REST service that makes it easy for us to Create, Retrieve, Update, or Delete a custom object that has been created in our SalesForce sandbox account.  (If successful of course, this would move to production)
Originally, I built the complete demo using CXF 2.6.2 and all of the CRUD operations work, on the command line, using a main method to trigger calls.

Then I tried building this into a .war file with a REST front end and deploying in TomEE 1.5.
The great news is that the Login procedure executes successfully and Retrieve and Delete operations work fine.
The bad new is that the Create and Update operations both fail with a Marshalling Error. But the error msg is null.

Is anyone interested in helping me get this example running?
I'm willing to show any code needed but not sure if this is simple fix or a crazy fix.

We are using version 26.0 of the SalesForce SOAP API.

BTW, I use CXF 2.6.2 wsdl2java to generate the stubs, with the following flags:
/app/cxf/bin/wsdl2java -autoNameResolution enterprise.wsdl

I also tried this and the main this this helped with was to change the getter/setter methods on the Custom object to use Strings instead of JAXBElements.
/app/cxf/bin/wsdl2java -b ./javabindings.xml -noAddressBinding -autoNameResolution enterprise.wsdl

I get the same Marshalling error with both sets of stubs/classes.

Full stack trace of exception:
WARNING: Interceptor for {urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com}SforceService#{urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com}create has thrown exception, unwinding now
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Marshalling Error: null
at org.apache.cxf.jaxb.JAXBEncoderDecoder.marshall(JAXBEncoderDecoder.java:263)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxb.io.DataWriterImpl.write(DataWriterImpl.java:168)
at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.AbstractOutDatabindingInterceptor.writeParts(AbstractOutDatabindingInterceptor.java:110)
at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.BareOutInterceptor.handleMessage(BareOutInterceptor.java:68)
at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:262)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.doInvoke(ClientImpl.java:531)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:464)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:367)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:320)
at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invokeSync(ClientProxy.java:89)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:134)
at $Proxy90.create(Unknown Source)
at com.cn.dsa.sf.SfJobControlMgr.createJobControl(SfJobControlMgr.java:85)
at com.cn.dsa.sf.JobControlMgr.createJobControl(JobControlMgr.java:125)
at com.cn.dsa.sf.JobControlServiceImpl.addJobControl(JobControlServiceImpl.java:94)
at org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.performInvocation(AbstractInvoker.java:180)
at org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.invoke(AbstractInvoker.java:96)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSInvoker.invoke(JAXRSInvoker.java:167)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSInvoker.invoke(JAXRSInvoker.java:94)
at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.ServiceInvokerInterceptor$1.run(ServiceInvokerInterceptor.java:58)
at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.ServiceInvokerInterceptor.handleMessage(ServiceInvokerInterceptor.java:94)
at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:262)
at org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:121)
at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.AbstractHTTPDestination.invoke(AbstractHTTPDestination.java:211)
at org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.rs.CxfRsHttpListener.onMessage(CxfRsHttpListener.java:70)
at org.apache.openejb.server.rest.RsServlet.service(RsServlet.java:53)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
at org.apache.tomee.catalina.OpenEJBValve.invoke(OpenEJBValve.java:45)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:929)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1002)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:585)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
at javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter.printQName(DatatypeConverter.java:165)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.XMLSerializer.childAsXsiType(XMLSerializer.java:685)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.property.ArrayElementNodeProperty.serializeItem(ArrayElementNodeProperty.java:69)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.property.ArrayElementProperty.serializeListBody(ArrayElementProperty.java:172)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.property.ArrayERProperty.serializeBody(ArrayERProperty.java:159)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.ClassBeanInfoImpl.serializeBody(ClassBeanInfoImpl.java:358)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.XMLSerializer.childAsXsiType(XMLSerializer.java:696)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.ElementBeanInfoImpl$1.serializeBody(ElementBeanInfoImpl.java:156)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.ElementBeanInfoImpl$1.serializeBody(ElementBeanInfoImpl.java:131)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.ElementBeanInfoImpl.serializeBody(ElementBeanInfoImpl.java:333)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.ElementBeanInfoImpl.serializeRoot(ElementBeanInfoImpl.java:340)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.ElementBeanInfoImpl.serializeRoot(ElementBeanInfoImpl.java:76)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.XMLSerializer.childAsRoot(XMLSerializer.java:494)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.MarshallerImpl.write(MarshallerImpl.java:323)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.MarshallerImpl.marshal(MarshallerImpl.java:251)
at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractMarshallerImpl.marshal(AbstractMarshallerImpl.java:100)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxb.JAXBEncoderDecoder.writeObject(JAXBEncoderDecoder.java:554)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxb.JAXBEncoderDecoder.marshall(JAXBEncoderDecoder.java:236)
... 47 more
Oct 8, 2012 11:35:17 AM org.apache.openejb.server.webservices.saaj.SaajFactoryFinder initDefaultSAAJProvider
INFO: Default SAAJ universe not set
Error creating JobControl  Marshalling Error: null

Oct 8, 2012 11:35:17 AM com.cn.dsa.sf.SfJobControlMgr exceptionLogger
SEVERE: Marshalling Error: null

--
Miles Poindexter
Data & Service Architecture

Re: simple SalesForce client?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
updated jaxb on trunk

*Romain Manni-Bucau*

Posted by "Poindexter, Miles" <Mi...@condenast.com>.
I added the issue to Jira.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Poindexter, Miles" <Mi...@condenast.com>.
THANK YOU!

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Poindexter, Miles" <Mi...@condenast.com>.
Sorry Romain.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Poindexter, Miles" <Mi...@condenast.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Poindexter, Miles" <Mi...@condenast.com>.
BTW, I forgot to mention that I get 2 warnings from wsdl2java when
generating the stubs.
I am now convinced that the problems these warnings are talking about are
what is causing the marshaling errors.
Especially the warning involving the namespace
urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com.

wsdl2java generates two warnings:
WARNING:
/Users/rpoindex/Projects/jobcontrol_tomee/src/main/java/resources/META-INF/
enterprise.wsdl [29,21]: src-resolve.4.2: Error resolving component
'tns:ID'. It was detected that 'tns:ID' is in namespace
'urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com', but components from this namespace are
not referenceable from schema document
'file:/Users/rpoindex/Projects/jobcontrol_tomee/src/main/java/resources/MET
A-INF/enterprise.wsdl#types1'. If this is the incorrect namespace, perhaps
the prefix of 'tns:ID' needs to be changed. If this is the correct
namespace, then an appropriate 'import' tag should be added to
'file:/Users/rpoindex/Projects/jobcontrol_tomee/src/main/java/resources/MET
A-INF/enterprise.wsdl#types1'.
Oct 8, 2012 9:37:31 AM org.apache.cxf.tools.common.ToolErrorListener
addWarning
WARNING:
/Users/rpoindex/Projects/jobcontrol_tomee/src/main/java/resources/META-INF/
enterprise.wsdl [7461,21]: src-resolve.4.2: Error resolving component
'ens:sObject'. It was detected that 'ens:sObject' is in namespace
'urn:sobject.enterprise.soap.sforce.com', but components from this
namespace are not referenceable from schema document
'file:/Users/rpoindex/Projects/jobcontrol_tomee/src/main/java/resources/MET
A-INF/enterprise.wsdl#types2'. If this is the incorrect namespace, perhaps
the prefix of 'ens:sObject' needs to be changed. If this is the correct