Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Vishnu Viswanath <vi...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/18 18:12:59 UTC

Rescaling state

Hi All,

Regarding the scale up and down feature mentioned in this talk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHSMnlWXkZ4&list=PLDX4T_cnKjD2UC6wJr_wRbIvtlMtkc-n2&index=18

Can this only be done when restarting the job from a save point? Is there a
case where the state is transferred over from one node to another during
the job execution.

Thanks,
Vishnu

Re: Rescaling state

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,
yes, right now this can only happen when a Job is stopped and restarted from a savepoint. In the future we might be able to do it without restarting but I think that is quite a ways in the future.

Best,
Aljoscha