Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2017/11/20 21:18:24 UTC

Anyone familiar with Perl CPAN Bundle approach?

I'd like to automate the gathering of private copies of the necessary
packages for our perl-framework.  While Bundle::ApacheTest is
already present, it describes only what ApacheTest needs to know.

The example buried as an external under our framework directory

Apache-Test/lib/Bundle

which is from

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/Apache-Test/trunk/lib/Bundle/ApacheTest

Optimally we would have some lib/ directory under our framework tree,
and load all the dependent packages within it (and offer instructions for
permanently adding these to the user CPAN tree.)

Alternately it would be nice to offer some script to grab system packages
as a package list, e.g. Fedora / Ubuntu's conventional options so these
can be dodged while invoking the Bundle.

Anyone free to help in such an effort?

Re: Anyone familiar with Perl CPAN Bundle approach?

Posted by Dale Ghent <da...@elemental.org>.

> On Nov 20, 2017, at 4:18 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
> I'd like to automate the gathering of private copies of the necessary
> packages for our perl-framework.  While Bundle::ApacheTest is
> already present, it describes only what ApacheTest needs to know.
>
> The example buried as an external under our framework directory
>
> Apache-Test/lib/Bundle
>
> which is from
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/Apache-Test/trunk/lib/Bundle/ApacheTest
>
> Optimally we would have some lib/ directory under our framework tree,
> and load all the dependent packages within it (and offer instructions for
> permanently adding these to the user CPAN tree.)
>
> Alternately it would be nice to offer some script to grab system packages
> as a package list, e.g. Fedora / Ubuntu's conventional options so these
> can be dodged while invoking the Bundle.

In this vein, one could consider something such as Carton:

http://search.cpan.org/~miyagawa/Carton-v1.0.28/lib/Carton.pm

/dale