Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Ockleford Paul (NHS CONNECTING FOR HEALTH)" <pa...@nhs.net> on 2012/12/21 10:37:11 UTC

Generating Server Skeleton, Response Objects and Services.xml

Hi,

Thanks for all the help I have so far, I have now managed to do everything I needed to do! I have one final question which is about the generated code.

Currently I am exposing my actual implementation class and I have handwritten my services.xml file and deployed my service from within WEB-INF\classes and not in a .aar. My question is really about the skeleton and response objects because my service works fine without these but I wonder if there is anything wrong with doing it this way?

I could also have the option of writing my service, running java2wsdl and then wsdl2java to get my client and server side code and then 'wrap' the call to my service method inside the skeleton and use the generated response class as my output but it seems like Axis does this for me on the way out anyway (my client still gets this object even though it isn't deployed on my server).

So really are there any benefits to using the generated services.xml file and the skeleton and response classes and likewise is there any downfall to just exposing my service class directly without the skeleton wrapper?

Thanks,

Paul

Thank you for your co-operation.

Re: org.apache.axiom.om.OMException with Axis2 Client

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
In what kind of environment is this code running? A J2EE application server?

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> you're right ..this should be handled by a profile inside pom.ml which triggers on feature property value being 'default' or 'dom'
>
> if (feature.equals(FEATURE_DEFAULT)) {
>                 jarHint = "axiom-impl.jar";
>             } else if (feature.equals(FEATURE_DOM)) {
>                 jarHint = "axiom-dom.jar";
>             } else {
>                 jarHint = null;
>             }

Nonsense. The purpose of that piece of code is just to produce a more
meaningful error message (instead of just "No meta factory found for
feature 'xxx'").

> assuming axiom-impl-1.2.13.jar is on classpath
>
> mv axiom-impl-1.2.13.jar axiom-impl.jar
>
> org.apache.axiom.om.OMAbstractFactory is not able to pickup version specific axiom-impl-1.2.13.jar

Nonsense. The code (that loads the meta factories, not the one shown
above) looks for resources called META-INF/axiom.xml. The name of the
JAR doesn't matter.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
you're right ..this should be handled by a profile inside pom.ml which triggers on feature property value being 'default' or 'dom'
if (feature.equals(FEATURE_DEFAULT)) {
                jarHint = "axiom-impl.jar";
            } else if (feature.equals(FEATURE_DOM)) {
                jarHint = "axiom-dom.jar";
            } else {
                jarHint = null;
            }
assuming axiom-impl-1.2.13.jar is on classpath
mv axiom-impl-1.2.13.jar axiom-impl.jar org.apache.axiom.om.OMAbstractFactory is not able to pickup version specific axiom-impl-1.2.13.jar Feliz Navidad desde EEUU,

RE: Generating Server Skeleton, Response Objects and Services.xml