Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Gaurav Gupta (2001)" <gg...@sapient.com> on 2002/08/05 20:14:43 UTC

Weblogic-apache Plugin problem

Hi friends,

I am plugging in the the two servers so that I can use Apache as a proxy web
server for an application hosted on Weblogic 6.1. The platform is Solaris 7.
I have verified the proper installation of the two servers in isolation. The
problem is with the plug in.

I tried the plug in both ways:
"Proxy by URL"
and
"Proxy by MIME file type"
For trying with the second I commented the corresponding entries of "Proxy
by URL"

The entry in httpd.conf is:
=============
<IfModule mod_weblogic.c>

DebugConfigInfo ON

WebLogicHost netra
WebLogicPort 7001

MatchExpression *.jsp
MatchExpression *.html

<Location /weblogic>
        SetHandler weblogic-handler
        PathTrim /weblogic
</Location>

<Location /servletimages>
        SetHandler weblogic-handler
        PathTrim /something
</Location>

</IfModule>

The problem is that inspite of the changes made in the httpd.conf, apache is
not able to serve the request made on Weblogic.
As per the error logs its trying to find the requested jsp files from the
document root of apache itself.

[Mon Aug  5 22:13:26 2002] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Mon Aug  5 22:30:36 2002] [notice] Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21
configured -- resuming normal operations
[Mon Aug  5 22:30:46 2002] [error] [client 10.210.4.61] File does not exist:
/var/apache/htdocs/weblogic
[Mon Aug  5 22:31:41 2002] [error] [client 10.210.4.61] File does not exist:
/var/apache/htdocs/Home.jsp
[Mon Aug  5 22:33:50 2002] [error] [client 10.210.4.61] File does not exist:
/var/apache/htdocs/Home.jsp

Probably the mod_wl.so is not getting loaded or activated properly. The line
in https.conf for it is:

LoadModule weblogic_module    /usr/apache/libexec/mod_wl.so

I have checked up with httpd -l.The compiled modules shown are:
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c

Does it mean that mod_wl.so is not getting compiled or loaded?

How can I troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Gaurav Gupta

Re: Weblogic-apache Plugin problem

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.
httpd -l lists the modules that are compiled in, not those that are
dynmically linked. the error log doesn't indicate any problems loading
your module. normally, you would see errors simply starting apache if
there were significant problems loading a shared library. your apache is
  built properly to load dynamic modules.

you can actually ask the server what is loaded .. see this page:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_info.html

also, i'm _not sure_, but the error log seems to be saying that apache
is expecting to find those files relative the system root, not relative
to the apache doc root

cheers,
andy

--
"all you have is this actual nowness"
--

confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you

RE: Weblogic-apache Plugin problem

Posted by Milind Sawant <mi...@skandiabank.ch>.
Weblogic-apache Plugin problemyou can do the following

a ) if your application on weblogic is called say App1
add the following
<Location /App1>
        SetHandler weblogic-handler
#        PathTrim /App1
</Location>

b) note i have commented PathTrim as it is necessary if the communication
betweeb weblogic and apache is over ssl which you are not using.

c) WebLogicHost give the ipaddress here

Milind Sawant
Web Administrator (Apollo)
TCS