Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Lev Serebryakov <le...@serebryakov.spb.ru> on 2004/03/03 07:23:33 UTC

Encoding of filenames in dump?

Hello, users! How are you?

 Which encoding for filenames `svnamdin load' want to see in dump?
 For example, in case when it is run on W2K with cp850 as console
 encoding (German regional settings). My script (refinecvs.pl) in such
 case generate dump, which `svnadmin load' loads without problem, but
 after that files with national characters (German in my example)
 could not be moved, deleted or checked in: `svn' refuse to work with
 them properly.

 Is names in dump should be in utf-8, or some other encoding?

--
               Lev Serebryakov

Re: Encoding of filenames in dump?

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Lev Serebryakov <le...@serebryakov.spb.ru> writes:

>  Is names in dump should be in utf-8, or some other encoding?

Yes, they should be UTF-8.