Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Vyacheslav V. Zholudev" <vy...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/10 17:58:26 UTC

Adding fulltext to BDB piecemeal

Hello!

Is it possible to find out in libsvn_fs_base module when the last chunk
of data is written to BDB (I mean when we add some values with the same
key into the strings database using svn_fs_bdb__string_append method)?
Thanks in advance

Vyacheslav

Re: Adding fulltext to BDB piecemeal

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
"Vyacheslav V. Zholudev" <vy...@gmail.com> writes:
> Is it possible to find out in libsvn_fs_base module when the last
> chunk of data is written to BDB (I mean when we add some values with
> the same key into the strings database using svn_fs_bdb__string_append
> method)?

It's rare that anyone should need to use libsvn_fs_base directly.  What
are you working on?

(By the way, unless there's a bug to report here, this thread should
probably be on users@.)

Re: Adding fulltext to BDB piecemeal

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
"Vyacheslav V. Zholudev" <vy...@gmail.com> writes:
> Because I need the whole fulltext to make some processing on
> it. Peaces of this file don't make sense for me. Also I'm wondering
> why chunks are added not in the same transaction.

If you need fulltext, why not use the svn_fs_* APIs to get it?  (From
svn_fs.h, that is.)

-Karl

Posted by "Vyacheslav V. Zholudev" <vy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.